This is the most common error faced by most of the msn messenger or windows live messenger users.
I have tried to explain all of the possible reasons and provided step by step solutions to overcome this issue. Check if it is...
- ▪ Press WinKey+R. (Click to know more Winkey Shortcuts)
▪ Type timedate.cpl, and press ENTER.
▪ Verify Date and Time settings on your computer are correct, and then click OK.
- ▪ Visit the MSN Web Messenger website.
▪ Click on 'Start MSN Web Messenger', to sign in online web messenger.
▪ If you succeed signing in to MSN Web Messenger, but MSN Messenger still can't access the Internet, then possible reason could be that MSN Messenger has been blocked by a firewall. Add MSNmsgr.exe to your allow list in firewall settings. These settings are different in different firewalls. Please refer to respective documentations for more information on how to add MSNmsgr.exe to your firewall allow list. Need more help on this? Feel free to post your questions in comment section. I will do my best to help you out in this regard.
- ▪ Press WinKey+R
▪ Type following commands one at a time and press ENTER. After each successful execution you will see the message: 'DllRegisterServer succeeded'. Type the second command and follow this until you finish all of the commands listed below.
▪ REGSVR32 softpub.dll
▪ REGSVR32 wintrust.dll
▪ REGSVR32 initpki.dll
▪ REGSVR32 Rsaenh.dll
▪ REGSVR32 Mssip32.dll
▪ REGSVR32 Cryptdlg.dll
▪ REGSVR32 Dssenh.dll
▪ REGSVR32 Gpkcsp.dll
▪ REGSVR32 Slbcsp.dll
▪ REGSVR32 Sccbase.dll
Your MSN address book or MSN contact list is temporarily not available or is in read only mode. Wait for few minutes, take a stretch break and then try to sign in again.