Do you feel sometime your PC's hard disk takes too much time to deliver the desired results? If yes then this hard disk speed improvement tweak is just for you. To perform this tweak, make sure your PC has at least 256Mb of Ram.
Don’t Worry! These are very simple steps which won't do any harm to your PC and that’s for sure. If you don't find any improvements in the hard drive performance after performing this tweak, then in that case, you can always go back to original settings.
Now to improve the hard disk speed, configure a special buffer in the computer's memory. With that it will be able to deal with interrupts in a faster and better way to get the results in a timely manner. How to do that?
Here are those 5 easy steps...
- In the Run command, type SYSEDIT.EXE and hit 'enter key'
- Open the system.ini file [close other files]
- Find a section called [386enh], usually at the end of file
- Type this without quotes 'Irq14=4096' after this line as it is
- From File menu select 'Save'
You are done with the tweak, now close SYSEDIT and reboot the PC. You will be able to see the improvement in speed as soon as your computer gets restarted.
This tweak works for any kind of IDE SCSI disk.